Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Rainy Day

I insisted on going out today, not caring how bad the weather got. So we decided to go to the art gallery as it was an inside thing.




I would defiantly recommend everyone to visit the Sydney Art Gallery. There is no better place to just wander and stare.
We only got through two ares (not sure what the first one was but it had Aboriginal art, early English art and sculptures and the Asian Section). Of course I loved the Asian section.




I liked this painting below because they speil beside it noted that there was no record of who the painting was of, the broach on his left had been defaced and painted over.



If you ever want to feel humbled an ANZAC or war memorial seem to do the trick. We stumbled across this memorial as we where trying to find our way to the gallery, as with most memorials it was intense. I Guess as the Spartans said 'With your shield or on it'.



Not too far from the Gallery (heading towards Pitt St) was this massive chess board. I've seen them before but never actually seen people playing at one. It would be nice to sit down to a meal one afternoon and watch people who can play.



Tonight will be catching up on my 'unread' pile of comics and cleaning our already (been here a week) messy room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment me and I'll be sure to check your blog and possibly comment back =]

Followers

Posts from the past

Counter

free html hit counter